By John Izabi,
Croatia and Real Madrid’s Luka Modric has won the FIFA Men’s Player of the Year 2018 award in the just concluded FIFA BEST AWARDS 2018, thus breaking an over a decade Ronaldo – Messi jinx.
The duo of Cristiano Ronaldo who now plays for Juventus and Lionel Messi of Argentina and Barcelona have over the years been seen picking up the award in turns with both presently having five each.
Meanwhile, Other categories of awards and their winners on the night included the following highlighted as put together by NEWS FLAKES NG:
– Brazil’s Martha won The FIFA Women’s Player of the Year Award 2018
– Lennart Thy won The FIFA Fair Play Award
– The FIFA Fan Award of the Year went to Peru Fans.
– Thibaut Courtois of Belgium and Real Madrid won the FIFA Best Goalkeeper award for his heroics for Belgium at the World Cup.
– Lyon Women’s team coach Reynald Pedros won #TheBest FIFA Women’s Coach Of The Year award 2018.
– France coach Didier Deschamps won the FIFA The Best Men’s Coach of the Year for leading France to the World title.
– Mohammed Salah’s strike against Everton has been voted as the FIFA #Puskás Goal of the Year.
Meanwhile the FIFA FIFPRO BEST XI for 2017/2018 saw the following line up of stars:
David de Gea
Recall that Luka Modric had a very successful season winning the prestigious UEFA Champions League trophy with Madrid for three times in a row and also leading his country to the Finals of the FIFA World Cup held in Russia where he equally won the Most Valuable Player of the Tournament award as well as most recently where he was Crowned UEFA’s Best Midfielder and over all Best Player respectively thus capping up what kind be indisputably described as the best season of his entire football career.
More Updates Shortly!!