The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board said on Tuesday that it had begun the screening of the results of over 1. 3 million candidates who had written the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, so as to fish out impersonation, multiple registrations and other forms of malpractices.
The board said it had therefore not yet released any UTME result, noting that candidates should “ expect their results soon . ”
The Head of Information , JAMB , Dr Fabian Benjamin, stated this in an interview , adding that the case of candidates who could not write the UTME due to biometric challenges was being deliberated upon with a view to finding a solution .
He said , “ The suspension of some CBT centres for technical defects has not affected our candidates. Also , we have to screen the UTME results because there are lots of issues we discovered, such as multiple registrations , impersonation and the likes . So , we are still fishing them out.
“ Some persons have been arrested and there are those who are yet to be arrested; we have their records . We will fish them out. However, candidates should expect their results very soon .”
Benjamin said the examination has so far been successful , adding that the board was addressing some of the challenges that came up during the exercise.
In its weekly bulletin , the board said a total of 389 visually -impaired candidates were taking the 2019 UTME, as against 367, who took the exams in 2018.
“This category of UTME candidates will be adequately taken care by the Equal Opportunity Group headed by Prof Peter Okebukola. The board will also provide the necessary support to the physically- challenged candidates to achieve their educational goals . In the 2019 UTME, a total of 398 prison inmates registered for the examination in three towns, ” JAMB added .
*JAMB: How to check your result*
As the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, releases its 2019 result, many candidates are worried over the accessibility of their respective results.
In view of this however, JAMB via its official website ‘https://jamb.org.ng/printslip.htm’ brought out step by step on how results could be accessed.
Below are the instructions:
INSTRUCTIONS: PRINTING OF RESULT SLIP:
1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
4. Select “Print Result Slip”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page.
5. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
6. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
7. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
8. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
9. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section”. An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
10. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
11. Year of Exam and
12. Registration Number.
After entering the information correctly, you can now print the Result Slip as shown on your screen.