A South African pastor, Alfred Ndlovu has died of malnutrition after going without food for 30 days when he tried to emulate Jesus Christ and fast for 40 days and 40 nights.
Buzz South Africa reports that the 44-year-old pastor left home on June 17 for a nearby bush to have prayers, just like Jesus did.
Attempting to equal or break Jesus Christ record of fasting for 40 days, Mr Alfred Ndlovu died just a month despite having no history of illness.
He was alone in the wilderness and his body was found by a stranger who then called the police. He was known by his family and community at large as a very spiritual person whose faith could move mountains and his death surprised everyone, even church members.
One close relative said: ‘He was a very spiritual man. It’s unfortunate he had to die this way. After a month we got the sad news of his death.
”The pastor was a healthy and religious old man who did not even look his age”.
- Assemblies Of God Pastor Stabbed To Death During Church Service [SEE PHOTOS]
- BOOM! Two African Pastors Allegedly Find Jesus, Invite Him To Church
- BOOM! Hell Fire Awaits Women Screaming Jesus' Name During S*x - Prophet [READ FULL GIST]
- Oyedepo Invokes Curses On Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Over Killing Of Winners Pastor
- Pastor feeds church members with Millipedes, beer (Photo)
- Four Nigerians injured as South Africa resumes Xenophobic attacks again
- Panic As Pastor Dies While Officiating Church Member’s Funeral In Ondo
- Pregnant Teenager Claims Jesus Christ is The Father Of Her Baby [PHOTOS]
- SHOCKING! I Was Once Black Axe Confratenity Member as Chief Priest - Pst Fatoyinbo Reveals…
- Pastor dies of starvation while observing 30 days fast