A South African pastor, Alfred Ndlovu has died of malnutrition after going without food for 30 days when he tried to emulate Jesus Christ and fast for 40 days and 40 nights.
Buzz South Africa reports that the 44-year-old pastor left home on June 17 for a nearby bush to have prayers, just like Jesus did.
Attempting to equal or break Jesus Christ record of fasting for 40 days, Mr Alfred Ndlovu died just a month despite having no history of illness.
He was alone in the wilderness and his body was found by a stranger who then called the police. He was known by his family and community at large as a very spiritual person whose faith could move mountains and his death surprised everyone, even church members.
One close relative said: ‘He was a very spiritual man. It’s unfortunate he had to die this way. After a month we got the sad news of his death.
”The pastor was a healthy and religious old man who did not even look his age”.
- Saudi Arabia Declares August 10th Arafat Day 11th To Be Sallah Day
- BOOM! Two African Pastors Allegedly Find Jesus, Invite Him To Church
- GIST: Pastor Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven
- [VIDEO] Pastor Gets Beaten Up In Church By His Own Members
- COZA SAGA: Pastor Resigns As Board Member
- Assemblies Of God Pastor Stabbed To Death During Church Service [SEE PHOTOS]
- SHOCKING! I Was Once Black Axe Confratenity Member as Chief Priest - Pst Fatoyinbo Reveals…
- COZA’s Pastor Folarin Ogunsola, Wole Soetan Knew Biodun Fatoyinbo Raped Me - Busola Dakolo Claims
- Pastor ‘Kidnaps Himself’, Demands N3m Ransom From His Church Members
- Oyedepo Invokes Curses On Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Over Killing Of Winners Pastor