Buhari

Northern Youths Kick, Ask Buhari to Stop Southwest Security Outfit “Amotekun”

  – Northern youths have kicked against the formation of Operation Amotekun – The southwest governors, OPC and some stakeholders in the region, inaugurated ‘Operation Amotekun’ on Thursday, January 9 – Isah Abubakar, the national president of NYCN, described Amotekun as a threat to national security Hours after its inauguration, the Northern Youths Council of Nigeria (NYCN), on Thursday, January 8, has kicked against the formation of ‘Operation Amotekun’ in the southwest zone of the country. Daily Trust reports that the national president of NYCN, Isah Abubakar, in a statement issued in Kaduna, urged President Muhammadu Buhari, not to allow what he described as “unconstitutionality” to prevail. NEWS FLAKES NG [Read]

Don’t Rig Election To Favour Any Party Again – Buhari Warns INEC, Police

Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday, January 7, has cautioned the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Nigerian Police Force, NPF, to avoid rigging elections in favour one political party in future elections. Buhari who expressed his determination to give Nigeria an electoral system that meets with best practices anywhere in the world. He spoke on Tuesday at State House, Abuja, while meeting with Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu, other top officials of the electoral body, and the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu. The president said with a minimum of 28 rerun and by-elections this January alone, the commission should ensure that [Read]

“Buhari Has Directed Us To Lift 100million Nigerians Out Of Poverty” – Finance Minister, Zainab Ahmed Says

The Federal Government has promised to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty by providing enabling environment for small businesses. The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed on Monday restated Federal Government’s plan to pull 100 million Nigerians out of poverty this year. Recall in 2019, President Muhammadu Buhari had pledge that he will lift 100m Nigerians out of extreme poverty in the next 10 years. Ahmed made this known when she appeared on a programme on NTA. Speaking during the interview, the Minister said; “PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI HAS DIRECTED THAT WE MUST PULL 100 MILLION NIGERIANS OUT OF POVERTY AND THAT IS OUR MAJOR FOCUS. BASED [Read]

Buhari’s Statement On Medical Treatment Abroad Scary, Hypocritical – Oby Ezekwesili

  Former Minister, Dr Oby Ezekwesili, has described as scary and hypocritical, the statement credited to President Muhammadu Buhari that ‘Nigerians can’t continue to go abroad’ for medical treatment. The former Presidential candidate in the 2019 general election before pulling out from the race, in her official twitter handle, wondered whether Buhari was aware that he frequents the United Kingdom for medical attention since 2015. The ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ crusader, submitted that the President’s statement was scarier than the hypocrisy it conveys, saying “our Health Sector cries for Reforms.” She stated: “The scariest thought upon reading this odd statement is: “Could it be our President is not even aware [Read]

I’m not a member of cabal, I’m cabal myself – Buhari’s close ally, Isa Funtua

Isa Funtua, a close associate of President Muhammadu Buhari has declared that he is not a member of any cabal but a “cabal myself.” Funtua, a native of Katsina like Buhari, has been in the center of criticisms from Nigerians who believe the cabal rules the country by proxy. At various times, Aisha, wife of the president, has said her husband’s government had been hijacked by some of his associates. In an outburst in December, the wife of the president accused Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, of not being loyal to her husband but “to others who have no stake in the compact that the president signed with Nigerians on May [Read]

Participate in selection of your successor – Bakare tells Buhari

  The General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly (LRA), has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to participate actively in the selection of his successor to ensure that he is succeeded by a leader who would uphold, not destroy his legacies. Speaking at his church on Sunday, Bakare, who in 2019 hinted that he has been anointed by the Lord to succeed Buhari, admint said it is not a coincidence that Buhari is leading the country into a new decade. The cleric, who listed three “pivotal points” the Buhari administration should focus on, prayed for the last three years of Buhari’s administration to be the best three years of the [Read]

Nigerians can’t continue going overseas for treatment — Buhari

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Friday, said Nigerians should not continue going abroad for medical treatment. “Nigerians have suffered so much going abroad for medical treatment. This is not good for us and it must stop because we can’t afford it again,” he said. The President, who himself had travelled to the United Kingdom for treatment on several occasions, stated this at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, during the inauguration and handover of completed projects to the management of the hospital. He explained that the project was executed to check flooding and gully erosion in the hospital. The President, who was represented at the [Read]

DSS Arrest, Parade Man For Creating Video Depicting Marriage Between Buhari And Ministers

Department of State Services parades 32-year-old Kabiru Mohammed from Kano who allegedly created a fake video depicting the marriage of President Buhari to the Ministers of Finance and that of Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development.  Addressing a news conference in Abuja, the Spokesperson, Doctor Peter Afunaya warns against the spread of fake news as the service remains committed to the peace and stability of Nigeria. He adds that the service acted on a formal complaint by the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed. [Read]

Buhari remains silent as defence minister is named in $550,000 fund diversion

  President Muhammadu Buhari has come  under heavy criticism for his failure to act in the alleged indictment of his Minister of Defence, Bashir Magashi, for a $550,000 security fund diversion. Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu deflected response on the allegation to the office of the Minister of Defence when The Guardian sought the presidency’s reaction on the matter. Against a groundswell of allegations of cherry-picking on whom to prosecute in his anti-corruption offensive, Buhari is now directly fingered for shielding Magashi, who is accused of stealing and shipping $550,000 from the nation’s treasury to an offshore account. Magashi has been called out to explain his role in the slush amount [Read]

BREAKING: Buhari places restrictions on overseas travels for ministers, slashes estacode, number of aides

The Federal Government has placed restrictions on overseas travels for all ministers. According Information, Culture & Tourism Minister Lai Mohammed, ministers can only travel out of the country eight times in a year. He said President Muhammadu Buhari has directed that no minister should go on foreign trips more than twice in a quarter. Besides, no minister on a trip outside the shores of the land should go with more than four aides, who should be relevant to the trip. Govt officials below the rank of ministers are henceforth entitled to fewer aides. Besides, estacode would no longer be calculated on hourly basis [Read]

Corruption worse under Buhari govt – Pat Utomi

A professor of political economics, Pat Utomi, has noted that corruption is worse in this present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari than ten years ago. According to him, the change promised by President Buhari-led government was not working. Utomi was quoted by the Nation as saying that “Sadly, even though our mantra ‘is if Nigeria does not kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria,’ I believe by my experience as a businessman that there is worst corruption today in the country than there was 10 years ago. “So the corruption in the environment also adds to the challenge of investing. SEE ALSO: SOWORE: Buhari Fears Whitemen More than God – Buba Galadima [Read]

ISWAP: Buhari has divided Nigeria along ethnic, religious lines than any president ever – Fani-Kayode

Femi Fani-Kayode, former Aviation Minister, has reacted to President Muhammadu Buhari’s appeal that Nigerians should not allow Boko Haram divide them. Fani-Kayode maintained that Buhari has divided Nigerians along ethnicand religious lines more than any other president in the past. Buhari had appealed to Nigerians not to allow terrorists divide the country along religious lines. This was contained in a statement signed by his Spokesman, Garba Shehu on Friday. SEE ALSO: ISIS/ISWAP Execution: Don’t let Terrorists Turn You Against Muslims, Buhari begs Christians This is followed by the execution of some Christians and Muslims by the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) during the week. However,Fani-Kayode in a tweet wrote: “You [Read]

Nigeria risks impending bankruptcy over rising debt profile, Obasanjo cries out

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said Nigeria risks impending bankruptcy over the continuous accumulation of debt by the government. Obasanjo said things might get worse economically as Nigeria, as well as other African countries, kept piling up debts, saying he was worried for the future generations who would have to pay such loans. The ex-President said this on Friday in Lagos as a keynote speaker at the “Why I am Alive” campaign. The initiative, tagged ‘The Nigerian Story,’ had the founder of Trinity House, Pastor Ituah Ighodalo, as chairman of the Board of Advisors. Presenting his speech, titled ‘Nigeria: The challenges of debt and sustenance of democracy,’ a copy of [Read]

SOWORE: Buhari Fears Whitemen More Than God – Buba Galadima

Former spokesperson of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential Campaign Council, Alhaji Buba Galadima has said the only people President Muhammadu Buhari fears is the White man, especially the United States government. Galadima said this in an interview made available to IgbereTV. Also he said that the claim by Abubakar Malami, Attorney General and Minister of Justice that former National Security Adviser, that Sambo Dasuki, and Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore were released on compassionate grounds, was not true. He said that President Buhari had to bow to pressure from the international community. His words: ” This government has no respect for anybody in this country. The only person President [Read]

Sowore makes first tweet, sends powerful message to Nigerians

Convener of the RevelutionNow Movement, Omoyele Sowore has made his first tweet since leaving the custody of the State Security Service, SSS. Sowore, who was released alongside former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki on Tuesday, took to Twitter to express to tweet a quote by Martin Luther King Jr. See message below as obtained by NEWS FLAKES NG; SEE ALSO: US Nominates Sowore For Prisoner Of Conscience Honour [Read]