Ogun To Reopen Schools Aug 4, Worship Centres Aug 14, Cancels Eid Prayer

....cancels 3rd term for schools

Posted  255 Views updated 10 days ago
Image
Image

 

 

ABEOKUTA - The Ogun State govt has concluded plans to reopen public and private schools on August 4 to allow Senior Secondary School (SSS) 3 students write their Exit exams. 

 

The executive governor of the state, Prince Dapo Abiodun made this declaration during a special COVID-19 Press briefing in Abeokuta on Wednesday. 

 

NEWS FLAKES NG reports that the governor also tentatively fixed reopening of worship centres for August 14.

 

He however warned that any private school that fails to meet established guidelines for prevention of COVID-19 will not be allowed to reopen.

 

He equally said there shall be automatic promotions to the next class for other categories pupils and students as the state has canceled third term for the ongoing academic session. 

 

The governor lamented the spread of the virus in Ogun has been on the “upswing” in the last two weeks, saying the situation was more troubling because most of the infected are asymptomatic.

 

"On education, we appreciate the fact that only properly prepared and equipped youth of today will take the advantages and benefits of the future we are building. Education is a major pillar upon which we hope to build a better future for our children and grand children. We appreciate its importance so much that even in the heat of the COVID and its effects, we were the first to organise e-classes through the Ogun digiclass to keep our students safe whilst engaging in their studies and ensuring that learning continues.

 

"Therefore, in line with the Federal Government resolutions, exit classes, that is – strictly SS3 only (public or private schools) - will resume classes on Tuesday, 4th August, 2020. Then, there will be a 2-week revision classes to prepare the SS3 students for the commencement of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) slated to start on Monday, 17th August, 2020."

 

Speaking on the forthcoming Eid-El-Kabir celebrations, Prince Abiodun disclosed that there would not be any form of “Eid” prayer in the state, in line with the resolution of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA).

 

 

 

Image

 

He added that each family should observe the prayer at home and help in the battle against Coronavirus.

 

READ ALSO: Face masks violators risk six months jail term in Ogun - Gov Abiodun >>> https://www.newsflakes.com.ng//news/face-masks-violators-risk-six-months-jail-term-in-ogun-gov-abiodun-2385

 

Prince Abiodun said having considered the prevalent circumstances as dictated by COVID-19, this Eid-il-Kabir celebration in Ogun State would follow the same pattern as with Eid-il-Fitri at the conclusion of Ramadan Fast, two months ago. 

 

According to him, "at this point, let me congratulate the entire Muslim Ummah on the sighting of the moon of the 12th month of the Islamic calendar which also heralds the celebration of Eid-il-Kabir, popularly called “Ileya”, which is the 10th day of the last month of Islam.

 

"I understand that “Ileya” celebration will be on Friday, 31st July, 2020. However, having considered the prevalent circumstances as dictated by COVID-19, this Eid-il-Kabir celebration in Ogun State will follow the same pattern as we had in Eid-il-Fitri at the conclusion of Ramadan Fast, two months ago. 

 

"We are guided by the counsel of the Ulammah, and especially, in line with the resolution of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA). Let me state, therefore, that there will not be any form of “Eid” prayer or any form of gathering in Ogun State.

 

"Therefore, each family will have to observe the “Eid” prayer at home. We beseech our citizens to stay safe by staying at home. And, there will not be any festivities or any gathering that violate the COVID-19 protocols of not more than 20 people at a time. We want to thank the entire Muslim Ummah for their thoughtfulness and consent that this year’s prayers will be observed privately and solemnly."

 

Recall that NEWS FLAKES NG had earlier reported that the governor warned that face masks violators in the state risked six months jail term "without mercy". 

 

 

 

▶️ What's Your Opinion About This Latest Development? Please, FEEL FREE to Share Your Thoughts With Us In The Comments Section Below!! 

 

 

 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

PLS HELP SHARE OUR UPDATES AFTER READING... 

 

To Support Us with CASH & Other DONATIONS, Advertise or Publish a Story/Article on NEWS FLAKES NG: Kindly Contact Us via newsflakes.com.ng@gmail.com,,,, Call or Whatsapp: 07039688614, 08096304429

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Image
Image

infoclear

Your reaction?

0
LOL
0
LOVED
0
PURE
0
AW
0
FUNNY
0
BAD!
0
EEW
0
OMG!
0
ANGRY
0 Comments

infoclear