KANO - Cordinator, Kano State Task Force on COVID 19, Dr Tijjani Hassan, has raised the alarm that three COVID-19 patients were on the run as it confirmed two new cases in the state.
This was just as the state governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, has said that autopsies are still being carried out to unravel the cause of the deaths. It was however gathered that the autopsies carried out are ‘verbal autopsies.’
Dr Hussaini confirmed this while featuring on a radio programme in the state.
He told journalists in Kano that the patients eloped from their respective contact addresses and homes and had made themselves unreachable ever since then.
He disclosed that the runaway patients have switched off their phones and their homes are deserted.
According to him, “We have informed the security agencies about the development in order to launch manhunt on the persons.”
The patients were said to have fled immediately they got wind of the outcome of their test which turn out to be positive.
Meanwhile, the Kano State governor has said in effort to unravelling the myriad of deaths that bedevilled the state, the state government said that autopsies are still being carried out to unravel the cause of the deaths.
The governor revealed this on Monday through a tweet on his official twitter handle.
It will be recalled that the state had at the weekend alone lost about 14 prominent sons and daughters to sudden deaths creating palpable fears among residents within the state and outsiders.
To Advertise or Publish a Story on NEWS FLAKES NG: Kindly contact us @ email@example.com,,,, Call or Whatsapp: 07039688614, 08096304429